As Health and Safety is an integral part of our business, we are making sure to keep up to date with advice from the New Zealand government, Ministry of Health and WorkSafe so that our Pure Milford experience is as safe as possible during the Covid-19 pandemic.
My Vaccine Pass:
Based on the WorkSafe Risk assessment we have completed, and the restrictions that the traffic light system would impose on our business, we have chosen to adhere to the My Vaccine Pass regulations.
The scanning of Vaccine passes is not currently required. However, if the government changes this requirement we will be using the ‘My Vaccine Pass’ system on our coaches, cruises and flights for all those aged 12 years and older.
If there is a requirement for scanning vaccine passes this will be done on boarding of the coach or flight if that is your choice of transport, or else if you are driving to Milford Sound, the vaccine passes will be scanned on check in at the terminal.
We will be following the guidelines for businesses using the Vaccine Pass based on the traffic light alert levels of Red, Orange, and Green. More details on the traffic light system can be found here.
As per government guidelines, and as we will be using the My Vaccine Pass System, we can operate our tours at all levels of the traffic light system: Red, Orange, and Green.
- At Level Green, face masks are not required.
- At Level Orange, face masks are RECOMMENDED to be worn by those aged 12 years and older on coaches, cruises, and flights.
- At Level Red, face masks are MANDATORY to be worn by those aged 12 years and older on coaches, cruises, and flights.
Covid-19 Cancellation Policy:
We have a 24-hour cancellation and reschedule policy at all times.
If you give us more than 24 hours’ notice before the start of your trip that you would like to cancel or reschedule your booking, you will be entitled to either a full refund, or a reschedule to any other date at no cost.
If you would like to reschedule your trip, but aren’t sure to which date, we can hold your booking in credit for up to 12 months.
If there is a snap lockdown / Traffic Light Level change within 24 hours of your booking, you will be entitled to any of the 3 options above (refund, reschedule, credit).
*Please note that cancellations and/or modifications to bookings made through a third-party operator or booking site will be as per their terms and conditions. *
Steps we are taking to ensure a safe cruise during all levels of the Traffic Light System:
- Our staff are provided with the most up to date relevant information and guidelines from all appropriate sources to ensure our guests, our staff and their families are kept safe.
- Our vessel is cleaned and sanitised before and after each cruise. Extra care is taken to clean and wipe down high use touchpoints such as handrails, door handles, tables, seats, window ledges and bathrooms.
- Hand sanitiser is available on board our vessels, with signage displayed to encourage use throughout the cruise.
- An addition to the Safety briefing on board the vessel will be specific to COVID-19 and will outline passenger expectations while on-board.
- Trips can be booked online through our website, by phone with credit card, in our Queenstown retail store, or at Milford Sound on the day.
- At the time of booking, you will be asked to provide the full names, contact phone numbers, and email addresses of your party. This will be used for contact tracing purposes should the need arise.
- All guests are to sign in using the NZ Covid Tracer App. QR Codes will be displayed in our retail stores, on board our coaches and on our vessels. Handwritten sign in sheets will be available for those who do not have the app.
- If you are feeling unwell, PLEASE DO NOT JOIN OUR CRUISE. Our best advice is that you contact your GP or Healthline for their guidance.
- Similarly, if you have been in contact with a confirmed case, or are awaiting any test results, PLEASE DO NOT JOIN OUR CRUISE. There will be plenty of opportunities to visit beautiful Milford Sound once you have been cleared and/or are feeling better!
Red Level Specific Measures:
- On arrival at Milford Sound during Level Red, please maintain a 1 metre distance from other passengers on the wharf whilst waiting for your cruise, during boarding and disembarking. This will be enforced by our crew.
- The Milford Sound Terminal is limited to 100 people at Level Red. This is managed by Milford Sound Tourism Ltd that operate the overall space. A spacing of 1 metre is required between each group of people.
- During boarding at Level Red, we will not be issuing boarding passes. Instead, the Skipper will ask you for the full name of each of your party and tick you off the list.
- Unfortunately, at Level Red, we will not be able to facilitate any hugs, handshakes, or hongi. This is to ensure a 1 metre distance is kept between crew and other passengers. Don’t worry though; smiles from our friendly crew will be free and frequent!
- Once you have boarded the vessel at Level Red, you will be assigned a table for the cruise. PLEASE DO NOT SIT AT OR TOUCH ANY OF THE OTHER TABLES. You are welcome to move about the boat and visit all indoor and outdoor viewing decks to soak up that stunning scenery but please only sit at your allocated table.
- To allow for optimum social distancing at Level Red, we will only be allowing our boats to reach a maximum capacity of 100 passengers. This will ensure there is enough space for guests to enjoy the scenery safely both while seated and when moving around.
- We will have signage displayed to remind all guests to keep a 1 metre distance from those outside their bubble, as well as prompting to maintain good hygiene processes.
- All refreshments will be prepared and served by our crew at Level Red. There will be no self-service. During food preparation and service, our crew will wear gloves and face masks and follow strict hygiene procedures.
Despite the comprehensive list, we can guarantee that it will be an experience to remember, and we can’t wait to share the best of Fiordland with you!
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with our team by email: email@example.com or phone 0800 500 121 / +64 3 442 4196.